Harness new technology and ditch old, inefficient bulbs in favor of new lighting types that consume less energy. Incandescent bulbs use more energy than newer bulb types and emit as much as 90 percent of their energy instead of light.
- Compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs are an energy-efficient option that can easily be swapped with incandescent bulbs in standard fixtures. While they do contain mercury (requiring care when handling and precautions for disposal), CFLs use 75 percent less energy than incandescents, while offering a lifespan 10 times longer.
- Light-emitting diodes (LED) offer a lifespan 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs while consuming up to 80 percent less energy. Once considered expensive, the price of LED bulbs has dropped, making this option affordable for all.
- Metal halides or high-intensity discharge (HID) lights produce vast, bright light very efficiently, making them a perfect choice for commercial and warehouse applications. An electrician can help you identify the color spectrum that best meets your business’s needs.
- Commercial fluorescent lights consume up to 1/3 less energy than incandescent bulbs and have a lifespan 10 times longer. These bulbs deliver flexibility in commercial applications.
- Halogen lights deliver two times the efficiency of incandescent bulbs while producing bright white light ideal for outdoor applications, including stadium lighting, parking lot lighting, and security lighting.
In addition to bulb upgrades, implementing lighting control technology will help your business cut down on unnecessary energy consumption.
- Installing dimmers and timers allow your lighting fixtures to deliver proper amounts of lighting as needed to reduce energy consumption and expenses. This technology can be used to enhance security for your business as well as improve functionality and aesthetics.
- Wireless lighting through the use of smart devices allows business owners to monitor lighting usage and expenses. Using these devices, lighting can be controlled both onsite and remotely, depending on the technology used.
Solar Energy Use
Solar energy is renewable, clean, and affordable. Solar energy can be used to supply electricity for your business’s lighting systems, eliminating or reducing utility electricity use and costs. Custom solar solutions designed for your business take into account your energy goals and budget to deliver the most effective ways to harness the use of solar energy at your facility. In addition to lighting, solar power can also be used for space and water heating, providing additional opportunities for your business to improve energy efficiency.
AG National Electric helps business owners identify lighting deficits and areas of lighting energy waste. We provide custom solutions that offer enhanced performance and energy efficiency for your facility. A commercial audit of your business’s energy consumption will give you the information you need to make additional efficiency improvements.
A commercial energy audit will:
- Assess the efficiency levels of your business’s electrical systems.
- Improve the functionality, safety, and efficiency of your electrical systems without sacrificing occupant comfort.
- Lower your business’s carbon footprint.
- Deliver a customized plan to help your business reach energy efficiency and cost savings goals.
Let us help you find the lighting solution that provides the best functionality and efficiency in any application. Contact AG National electric today to discuss your free energy savings estimate.
“Businesses are higher energy consumers than homes – higher energy consumption and costs lead many business owners to search for cost-effective, easy-to-implement measures that will lower energy use. Your business’s lighting is the perfect place to start, offering various opportunities to generate savings.”